Yahoo Mail is one of the most popular email services in the world. It’s easy to use, reliable and offers many features that other messaging apps don’t. But sometimes you may run into an issue with your Yahoo Mail account, such as not being able to search through messages or open attachments. There are several fixes for these issues, so read on for some tips:
Check your internet connection
- Check your internet connection.
- Make sure your internet connection is not blocked or restricted. If you are using a proxy server, make sure that it is enabled and working correctly. If there are any issues with this (such as a firewall blocking access), then try unblocking them first before restarting Yahoo Mail Search not working issue solutions above.
- Make sure that the WiFi signal strength of your device is strong enough to give good performance during search queries by checking its signal strength on different devices like laptops, smartphones etc.,
Log out and log in your account again
To troubleshoot, log out of your account and log back in again. If the search is working, then you can continue to try other fixes listed below.
If the Yahoo Mail search isn’t working for you, try these additional fixes:
Clear the cache and cookies of the browser
- In Chrome, click on the three-bar icon in the top right corner and select Settings.
- Under Privacy and Security, click Clear browsing data button to clear your browser cache and cookies.
- To clear Safari’s browser cache: 1) Open Safari on your Mac or PC; 2) Go to Safari > Preferences > General tab (or press Command+I); 3) Click Clear History button under Privacy section; 4) You can also check “keep tabs private” option if you want privacy while browsing Yahoo Mail account with different email IDs or aliases
Reset browser settings
The next step is to restart your browser. To do this, you can either close the Yahoo Mail app and reopen it, or click on the gear icon in the corner of any opened tab and select “Restart” from there.
If you’re having trouble resetting your browser settings on a computer, then follow these instructions:
- Open up Google Chrome if it isn’t already open and click on its menu button.
- Select Settings > Under “Privacy,” select Clear Browsing Data… under Storage, scroll all the way down until you see something called Local Storage which has three options: Cookies, Site Data & Plugins; click Delete Site Data… This will remove all cookies related to Yahoo Mail so that when you try again later today or tomorrow morning everything should work fine!
Disable third-party extensions and add-ons
- Disable third-party extensions and add-ons.
You can do this by going to the Chrome settings page, then clicking on “Extensions.” From there you can disable all extensions that are interfering with Yahoo Mail search functionality. If the issue persists, try disabling just one extension at a time until you find the culprit.
Fix Yahoo Mail Search Not Working issue with these 5 solutions.
- Check your Internet connection. If you are not able to access Yahoo Mail through search, then it means that there is some problem with the Internet connection.
- Log out and log in again. To fix this issue, you need to close all apps and then restart your device/computer or tablet. After restarting it, open Yahoo Mail app on a fresh screen and try searching for mails again.
- Clear cache & cookies from browser
- Click on Settings icon (gear) at top right corner of browser;
- Select Privacy tab; 3) Under Cookies section click on Clear all history button
To fix Yahoo Mail Search Not Working issue, you will need to contact the technical support team and they will be able to help you.