Export Contacts From Outlook
Exporting contacts from Outlook is a simple task, yet it can still be confusing if you’re not sure exactly what to do. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps and explain why you should export your contacts if they’re stored in Outlook.
Before exporting, you should be sure to back up any important contacts. It’s always a good idea to have an extra copy of this data, just in case something goes wrong.
Exporting contacts from Outlook is often done to share a contact list with another user, or to manage contacts in a different program such as Excel or Google Sheets. It also makes sense if you are transitioning to a new mail client.
Step to Export Contacts From Outlook
Here’s how to export Outlook contacts:
- Open Outlook 2016.
- Select the File tab in the top left hand corner.
- Under the Info section, select the Manage option “Export/Import”. This will open up a new window.
- Select the “Export to a File” option, and click “Next”.
- In the list of file types, select “Comma Separated Values (Windows)”. Click “Next” to continue.
- Choose the contact folder you wish to export. If you wish to export all contacts, choose “Contacts”. If you wish to export a subset of contacts, select another folder.
- Click “Next” and you will be asked where you wish to save the exported file. You should use a location which is easy to locate, such as the desktop.
- Enter a file name and click “Finish”.
It’s important to note that when you export contacts, Outlook will not export any attached contact information, such as notes or attachments.
Why should you export contacts from Outlook? There are two main benefits of exporting contacts. The first is that you’ll have a copy of all of your contacts in a separate file, which makes it easier to back up or share the contact list with another person. The second benefit is that if you move to a different email account or mail client, you can easily transfer your contacts by importing the exported contacts file.
It only takes a few moments to export Outlook contacts, so it’s worth doing if you want to back up your contacts and make them portable. Exporting contacts from Outlook also makes it much easier to share contact lists with other users and transfer them to different mail clients. Following the steps outlined above, you should be able to export your Outlook contacts in no time.