Fix Email Stuck In Outbox Gmail In Browser
Many users of the popular email platform Gmail may have experienced the situation of an email stuck in their Outbox. This can be a frustrating occurrence, particularly when you are sending a time-sensitive message. Fortunately, if you find yourself in this situation, resolving the issue is usually a quick and straightforward process.
Step to Fix Email Stuck In Outbox Gmail
- Refresh Your Gmail Account: The first step to take when you find your email stuck in the outbox is to refresh your Gmail account. This will cause the email to go through its normal delivery process.
- Check Your Internet Connection: Make sure your internet connection is working properly before you proceed. Usually, this is the cause of emails stuck in the outbox.
- Check Your Email Attachments: If you added any attachments to the email, check that they are not too large and also make sure the file type is acceptable to the receiving end.
- Check Your Spam Folder: Sometimes, an email can get stuck in the outbox because it was marked as spam by your email provider. Check your spam folder and if the email is there, select it and mark it as “not spam”.
- Enable Two-Step Verification: Enable two-step verification for your Gmail account. This security precaution will block your email from being sent if your account credentials are compromised.
- Force the Email to Send: If you are still having trouble, you can try forcing the email to send. In Gmail, open the outbox and click the “send/receive” button in the top right corner to send the stuck email.
How to Resolve Email Stuck In Outbox Gmail?
If your email is stuck in the outbox on the web browser version of Gmail, it’s usually a good idea to start by refreshing the page. Often, a quick reload can sort the issue out. After refreshing, you should check to see if the email has left your outbox. If it hasn’t, try the next step.
Once you’ve refreshed the page, double-check to make sure you are still connected to the internet. Gmail requires a continuous connection to the internet in order for it to send emails, so if you are connected to a slow or unreliable internet connection, this can be causing your email to become stuck in the outbox. If this is the reason you are having trouble, try to move somewhere with better connectivity or switch to a different network.
If your connection to the internet is fine, the next step would be to delete the email from your outbox, then re-send it. To delete the email, open your outbox and select the “delete” option for your email. Once you have deleted it, try resending the same email and see if doing this solves the issue.
If none of the above steps have worked, you could try auto-forwarding your email. You can do this by opening your Gmail settings and selecting “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” from the menu. Here, you should see the option to auto forward a copy of all incoming mail to another address. Doing this will allow you to effectively bypass any stuck message problem.
If none of these steps have helped you solve the issue of your email stuck in the outbox, the next step would be to contact the customer support team from the Gmail help page. Reports of a stuck email should be relayed to their support staff who will be able to take a closer look at the issue and give any further advice.
Although getting an email stuck in outbox can be a very annoying and time-consuming issue, luckily the problem can generally be resolved relatively quickly. All of the above steps can help you fix a stuck email, however, if you are still having trouble resolving the issue, don’t hesitate to reach out for help from the Email customer service team.