Refreshing Outlook on a Windows or Mac computer can be a helpful troubleshooting step if you are experiencing issues with the program or if you want to ensure that you have the most up-to-date version. In this article, we will walk you through the steps to refresh Outlook on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Refreshing Outlook on Windows:
- Close Outlook. To do this, click on the “X” in the top right corner of the Outlook window or right-click on the Outlook icon in the taskbar and select “Close window.”
- Open the Control Panel. You can do this by typing “Control Panel” into the search bar on the taskbar and selecting the Control Panel app. Alternatively, you can access the Control Panel by clicking on the Start button, selecting “Settings,” and then selecting “Control Panel.”
- In the Control Panel, click on “Programs.”
- Click on “Programs and Features.”
- Locate Microsoft Office in the list of installed programs and select it.
- Click on the “Change” button.
- In the “Microsoft Office Setup” window, click on “Repair.”
- Follow the prompts to complete the repair process. This may take several minutes.
- Once the repair process is complete, open Outlook to see if the refresh was successful.
Refreshing Outlook on a Mac:
- Close Outlook. To do this, click on the “X” in the top left corner of the Outlook window or right-click on the Outlook icon in the Dock and select “Quit.”
- Open the “Applications” folder. You can do this by clicking on the “Go” menu in the top menu bar and selecting “Applications.”
- Locate the Microsoft Office folder and open it.
- In the Microsoft Office folder, locate the “Microsoft Outlook” application and right-click on it.
- Select “Get Info” from the context menu.
- In the “Get Info” window, click on the “General” tab.
- In the “General” tab, check the box next to “Open in 32-bit mode.”
- Close the “Get Info” window.
- Open Outlook to see if the refresh was successful.
It is important to note that refreshing Outlook may not solve all issues you are experiencing with the program. If you are still having problems after refreshing Outlook, you may need to try additional troubleshooting steps or contact Microsoft support for further assistance.
In conclusion, refreshing Outlook on a Windows or Mac computer can be a helpful troubleshooting step if you are experiencing issues with the program or if you want to ensure that you have the most up-to-date version. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily refresh Outlook on either operating system.