You must successfully complete the sync process in order to use the Hotmail email service on your smartphone. However, many people have trouble synchronizing their Hotmail. This page can assist you if your Hotmail account isn’t syncing. Even if all the steps were followed successfully, customers are still able to access their Hotmail accounts when the issue arises on their preferred device.
The Hotmail not syncing issue typically arises when settings are made inadvertently incorrectly or when the software is improperly installed. The user may be unable to finish the synchronization process due to a Hotmail server issue or an email sign-in issue.
Therefore, if this issue is also known to you and you’d like to solve it, keep reading and adhere to the troubleshooting recommendations below. You can resolve the issue and use any of your chosen devices to access Hotmail services by following the steps below.
Why doesn’t Hotmail sync?
There are various potential causes for your inability to sync Hotmail with your device. You can read more in the section below about a few typical causes of the issue. Once you are aware of the potential causes, you may move on to the straightforward solutions.
The typical causes are:
Under the Windows operating system
- Incorrect settings for Outlook email
- Hotmail or Outlook server problems
When using the Android operating system
- Application settings for email by default are broken.
- Improper installation of the Outlook program.
When using the iOS operating system
- The time settings for the mail program are incorrect.
- The Sync permission is forbidden.
Now that you are aware of the cause of Hotmail’s failure to sync, let’s go on and discover the straightforward solutions.
Steps for Troubleshooting Hotmail Not Syncing Issues
- Fix the Microsoft Client on Windows.
If Hotmail and your Microsoft account aren’t syncing, try the steps below to resolve the problem:
- Open the “Microsoft Account” on your device.
- Click “File.”
- You must select the “Account Settings” option here; it is located in the “Info” section.
- You must select your “Hotmail email account” that is not synchronizing in the “account settings” area.
- Select “repair” from the menu.
- Go to the settings section and tap the next when the repair box bill appears on your screen.
- It will start to fix the email, which could take a while.
You can enable the network connection using the instructions. After that, you may log in to your account to check that everything is functioning properly and search for Hotmail email account settings. You must select “Change account” to check the Hotmail settings after you have successfully finished the repair process. If everything is running smoothly, select “next.” When everything is functioning properly, a confirmation message will show up on your screen. Click “Close” to wrap up the procedure. Restart Microsoft email at last to keep using the services.
- Reset the email app on Android.
Your Android device’s built-in email client frequently has trouble synchronizing with your Hotmail account. This can be a result of incorrect settings; to resolve the “Hotmail not syncing” problem, follow the steps listed below:
- Make your way to the settings on your Android device.
- Select “application” from the menu.
- Navigate to the “all apps” category.
- The “Email & email widget app” should be found. To open, tap on it.
- Select “force stop” from the menu.
- Finally, select “clear cache” to restart your data settings.
Close all the windows after completing the aforementioned steps. Try contacting your Hotmail account after that. You can reinstall the app on your device if the procedure is unsuccessful in solving the issue. The procedures will enable you to resolve the significant issues with your Hotmail account and enable you to successfully complete the syncing process.
- Change the mail to sync setting on iOS.
Most frequently, incorrect time synchronization settings are to blame for the “Hotmail not Syncing” issue on iOS devices. You must reset it normally in order to troubleshoot the issue. Here are the detailed instructions you can adhere to to do this:
- Click “settings” on the iOS device.
- Select “Password and Account” from the menu.
- You must click on the “Hotmail account” option in this window.
- Then, select “Mail Days to sync” from the menu.
- Select “no limit” from the menu.
- Finally, select “return” from the menu.
This will enable you to fix the Hotmail not syncing problem on your device. Now you may easily use your iOS device to access Hotmail services.
In some cases, a human error made while synchronizing the account for authorization may cause the issue to show up on your iOS device. Users typically do not approve of email synchronization features that cause issues. You must look in your email inbox to find a permission request that appears as a pop-up in order to diagnose the problem. You must locate the option, open it, and select “Continue using the Email App” when you do. The issue will now be addressed.