Outlook Calendar Not Syncing Error
When it comes to organizing our lives, calendars are incredibly helpful. Whether you use them to plan upcoming events or keep track of birthdays and anniversaries, the right calendar app can save you the hassle of writing things on paper and keep everything in one place. Microsoft Outlook is a popular choice when it comes to calendars, as it includes a lot of powerful functionality. Unfortunately, Outlook calendar may not always work as expected and not syncing correctly is one of the most common issues.
Step to Fix Outlook Calendar Not Syncing Error
- Check Your Internet Connection: Make sure that your system is connected to an active and reliable internet connection. Low or unsecured network can result in outlook calendar not syncing.
- Recheck Your Account Settings: Incorrect account settings in outlook can cause errors and prevent calendar syncing. To resolve the issue, open outlook and click on ‘File’ followed by ‘Account settings’. Ensure that the information related to incoming and outgoing server is correct.
- Perform a Password Reset: If you have recently changed your email account password, make sure the new one is updated on your outlook account as well. Next, log out of your email account, wait for 10 seconds, and then sign back in.
- Disable Proxy Server: Another major cause of the calendar not syncing issue is a proxy server. To resolve the problem, close outlook, type ‘config’ in the search box and open network configuration in control panel. Double click on the connection and disable the proxy server.
- Turn Off Your Anti-Virus Software: An installed anti-virus often interferes with the functioning of outlook and prevents it from syncing. On your anti-virus manager, turn off the real-time protection feature so that outlook can access the internet freely.
- Make Sure You Have Latest Outlook Version: Microsoft keeps rolling out frequent updates for outlook. It’s important to ensure that your outlook version is updated to the latest one to fix outlook calendar not syncing. To check, open outlook > go to File > Account settings > click on the ‘update’ option.
How to Fix Outlook Calendar Not Syncing Error?
If you’re having trouble getting your Outlook calendar to sync, here are some tips that can help you resolve the issue:
- Check that all your calendar accounts are set up properly. If you’re trying to sync more than one calendar, you need to make sure they’re configured correctly. It’s also possible that one of your accounts is having a connection issue. To begin, you need to check the settings of each calendar account, making sure that the proper email accounts have been provided, along with the respective passwords.
- Verify that the correct time and time zone are configured in Outlook. It’s possible that your Outlook calendar is not syncing correctly due to incorrect time settings. To fix this, go to “Settings” and select “Calendar.” Look for the “Time Zone Settings” section and make sure the correct time zone is chosen.
- Restart Outlook. After you’ve updated your settings and checked that the accounts and time zone are set up correctly, you should restart Outlook, preferably with all other applications closed. It’s possible that restarting Outlook may fix any conflict in the software or any problems with the cached data. If this doesn’t work, try restarting your computer.
- Check Outlook’s status. Microsoft Outlook has an online status page that you can visit to make sure the service is not having any issues. It’s always wise to check this page before you assume the problem lies in Outlook’s configuration.
- Enable calendar synchronization. Usually, Outlook’s calendar synchronization feature is automatically enabled. If not, all you have to do is go to the “Calendar” section in Outlook’s settings and make sure the “Synchronize calendars” option is enabled.
- Delete and re-add your account. In some cases, the issue is related to the configuration stored in the user’s profile. To fix this, you’ll need to delete your Outlook account and then add it back. This should reset the configuration and hopefully fix the issue.
- Remove and reinstall Outlook. If none of the above steps fixed the issue, it’s possible that there’s a deeper issue with Outlook’s configuration or data. In this case, it’s best to uninstall Outlook from your computer and then reinstall it. By doing this, you should reset Outlook’s configuration and any other issues associated with it.
Outlook calendars can be incredibly useful tools, but sometimes they can be troublesome. If you’re having trouble syncing your calendars, make sure that the settings are correct. Restart Outlook, check the services’ status, and delete and re-add your accounts if necessary. Finally, if all else fails, you can always uninstall and reinstall Outlook. Hopefully, these tips will help you get back on track and get your calendars synced up correctly. If you need more assistance then connect with Email Support USA.