If you’re a Verizon customer and you’re having trouble with your email, you’re not alone. Many users have reported issues with accessing their Verizon email accounts, and in some cases, the service has even been down entirely. In this article, we’ll tell you what to do if you’re having trouble with your Verizon email, including how to troubleshoot common problems and how to get in touch with customer support.
What could be causing your Verizon email not to work?
There are a few potential causes for your Verizon email not working as it should. Here are some troubleshooting tips to help you get back up and running:
- Check your internet connection. Make sure that you have a strong and stable internet connection. This is the most common cause of email problems.
- Check your email server settings. If you recently changed your email password or updated your security settings, make sure that these changes are reflected in your email server settings.
- Check your email client settings. If you’re using an email client like Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail, make sure that your account settings are correct.
- Check for system updates. If you’re using an out-dated version of your email software, you may be experiencing compatibility issues. Check for updates and install any that are available.
- Contact Verizon customer support. If you’re still having trouble, contact Verizon customer support for assistance.
How to Fix the Not Working Verizon Email Issue?
Apply each of the following methods one at a time to your Verizon email if it’s not replying to you to solve the issue:
- Enhance your web browser
A browser has to occasionally be optimized for optimal performance. By optimization, we mean that you must routinely delete garbage files, cookies, browsing history, and cache memory. You cannot access the email if your web browser is clogged with files.
Therefore, delete the surfing history from the web browser. Re-login to the Verizon email account to check if the issue has been fixed. If not, you can move on to the following solution.
- Turn off the firewall or antivirus
To defend our devices against viruses and threats from the internet, we frequently install antivirus software or firewalls. You might not be able to access Verizon email services because a firewall or antivirus program is active.
Therefore, turn off your device’s firewall or antivirus program if your Verizon email isn’t working. Disable the add-ons that are already installed on your device if the issue is still present.
- Verify Verizon email configurations
Since Verizon no longer offers its email services, setting up your Verizon account on any other email client may be advantageous for customers. However, customers must utilize the correct Verizon Email settings if they want to access their email on any other server. The third-party service provider’s server settings control email sending and receiving.
So, if you are using Yahoo, AOL, or Outlook to access your Verizon email account, you must manually adjust the settings using the Verizon email information that is supported.
Always keep in mind that while submitting account information, you must include your entire email address and turn on SSL encryption for both incoming and outgoing emails.
Server Settings for Verizon Email:
- Incoming mail server settings “POP3”: pop.verizon.net, port number;995.
- Outgoing mail server settings “SMTP”: smtp.verizon.net, port number;465.
- Incoming mail server settings “IMAP”: imap.aol.com, port number;993
- Outgoing mail server settings “SMTP”: smtp.verizon.net, port number;465
- Change your password
Even if you are using the correct password to access your Verizon email, someone else may already have access to it. It is advised to change your Verizon email’s password from a security standpoint. Additionally, if you’ve forgotten your password, the next few steps can still be helpful.
Log in to your Verizon email to reset your password.
Please enter your Verizon email address.
Select “next” by clicking.
You must now select the “forgot password” option. Follow the directions on-screen to reset the password.
Therefore, these straightforward procedures can assist customers in resolving Verizon email-related issues. You must get in touch with email support professionals if none of the aforementioned measures assist you resolve the problem.
Customers can get assistance from the experts whenever they need it. To check if the Verizon email not working issue has been fixed or not, you can send an email message. Contact our specialists if you think you need assistance to receive a prompt resolution to your issue.