SBCGlobal email facilitates the seamless sharing of emails, images, and other media. However, like other email clients, it also frequently runs into errors. A commonly reported issue is SBCGlobal email attachments not downloading. This problem can be the outcome of firewall interference or the usage of an outdated browser. So, fixing it involves disabling the antivirus program and updating and optimizing the browser.
Besides, other things like poor internet speed can also lead to this problem. In this article, we’ll go over the various fixes available to resolve this issue. Using them, you’ll be able to successfully download and view attachments in the SBCGlobal email.
Fixes to Use When SBCGlobal Email Attachments Not Downloading
Begin the troubleshooting by checking your internet speed. If it works well, progress to other fixes.
Examine the internet connection speed
It is imperative to have a good internet connection to view and download email attachments. Besides stable connectivity, you should also check the internet speed. It should have a high speed to quickly download attachments.
Here is how you can test your internet speed.
- Find your internet service provider’s speed test page or go to any website offering this.
- Exit all running programs and windows on your system using an internet connection.
- Adhere to the prompts on the screen to test the speed.
- After that, log the results of the test.
- You can also capture a screenshot of the results page and keep it with you.
- Perform the speed test at least four times on the same system.
- If you find a low internet speed every single time, connect with your internet service provider.
Turn off the antivirus program.
If you still complain, my SBCGlobal.net account email is not downloading; your antivirus may be behind it. These security programs stop email attachments from downloading as they consider them suspicious. Here are two ways to disable the built-in Windows defender antivirus.
Use Windows security settings.
- Launch the Windows Settings by hitting the Windows, and I keys simultaneously.
- Tap ‘Update & Security’ followed by ‘Windows Security.’
- Now choose ‘Virus & Threat Protection.’
- In the Virus & Threat Protection Settings section, tap ‘Manage Settings.’
- Remove the check from ‘Real-time protection…device vulnerable’ option.
Use group policy
- Open group policy by inputting ‘gpedit.msc’ in the ‘Run’ box.
- Go to ‘Computer Configuration’ followed by ‘Administrative templates.’
- Choose ‘Windows Components’ followed by ‘Microsoft Defender Antivirus.’
- double-tap ‘Turn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus’ in the right window.
- Now, choose the ‘Enabled’ option.
- Tap ‘Apply’ followed by ‘OK.’
Fix the security settings
You can also configure the security settings to make the email attachments download. Here are the steps to rectify these settings.
- Navigate to the ‘Options’ tab.
- Now, find the ‘Security’ tab below it.
- See if there’s a check on the option for blocking suspicious emails with attachments.
- If there is, uncheck the box.
- You will now be able to download emails with attachments.
Install the Adobe Acrobat
Is your email attachment in a PDF format? If yes, check whether you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your system. This application should be on PCs and phones. The program is available for free. Just head to this link and download it. After that, see if you can download email attachments in PDF formats. Most probably, you won’t face any issues.
Update your web browser
If the browser is of the latest version, you may face various email issues. So, if you still find your SBCGlobal account email attachment not downloaded, try updating the browser.
To update Google Chrome on your Windows 10 PC, follow these points.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- After that, hit the three-dot icon at the top-right part.
- Now, choose ‘Update Google Chrome.’
- Alternatively, tap ‘Help’ followed by ‘About Google Chrome.’
- This will make Chrome check and install the updates automatically.
- Now, restart the Chrome browser so you can work with the new updated one.
Clear the browser history and cache
Sometimes, the excessive amount of temporary internet files leads to email attachment problems. So, clear the browser cache when you find SBCGlobal not allowing to download attachments.
- Open Google Chrome on the system.
- Now, hit the three-dot icon.
- It is at the right part of the window.
- Go to ‘More Tools’ and then to ‘Clear browsing data.’
- Check the boxes ‘Cookies and other site data’ as well as ‘Cached images and files.’
- After that, hit ‘Clear data.’
- Now, check if you can download attachments on your SBCGlobal email account.
Turn on the compatibility mode.
Through compatibility mode, you can access webpages compatible with a specific browser version. If you find SBCGlobal email attachment issues after updating the browser, enabling compatibility mode can resolve it. Follow these pointers to open this mode on Internet Explorer.
- Launch the browser’s home page.
- Now, press the Alt key to launch the menu.
- Hover your mouse over ‘Tools.’
- Choose ‘Compatibility view settings.’
If you still cannot download attachments, an extension can be the cause. Sometimes, a faulty extension can cause interference with downloading email attachments. Disable them, and then try downloading the attachments.
- In Google Chrome, find the icon of the extension on the right part of the address bar.
- Right-tap this icon and choose ‘Remove from Chrome’ option.
- If you cannot view the icon, launch Chrome and tap the three vertical dots icon.
- Choose ‘More Tools’ followed by ‘Extensions.’
- Tap ‘Remove’ on the extension you wish to remove.
- Tap ‘Remove’ to confirm the action.